Baby’s First Town Hall
We Need Your Voice
Join us as an advocate during this August recess and visit lawmakers in their home districts for town halls, constituent coffees, and meetings, and ask them to support early education and child care.
We’ll let you know when and where your nearest event is (if your legislator is having one), or try to set you up with an appointment with your lawmaker (if your legislator doesn’t have any public events).
Here’s what you need to know:
Not sure what to say to your legislator if you get the opportunity to speak? No worries, we’ve got you covered with sample questions and talking points.2
Social media is critical for Baby’s First Town Hall to be successful. We want you to post before, during (if possible), and after the event using the hashtag #BFTH18.3
Bring the Kids
The more the merrier – and we want lawmakers to see the impact their decisions have on our littlest learners. So bring the kids with you if you want to!
- Complete this form once you have your meeting or town hall scheduled.
- Webinar Recording: Watch this webinar to learn more about how to set up meetings, how to craft your story, framing your ask, and more.
- Child Care Landscape – 2017 State Fact Sheets: The fact sheets include statistics on cost of care, types of care, and wages for the child care profession by state. Legislators love state-specific info when they can get it!
- One Pager on the Child Care Development Block Grant: Print and take with you this one pager that includes the latest funding increase and why we still need more money for CCDBG to be considered “fully funded.”
- Social Media Guide: This handy toolkit includes sample posts, images to share, and tips for documenting your experience.